Posted on Leave a comment

Here are the first pots that I made. They made it through the glazing process. My experimental glazes came out pretty good. Midnight metallic blue with a high gloss burnt umber inners. I added a bit of silver fines to the mix for the exterior glaze. I think I’ll try adding borax and firing them to #cone10 next time to help it get to fluxing temperature more effectively. Overall, I love the way it came out. On one, I applied it very thick. It almost looks volcanic. On both the interior and exterior I added pulverized turquoise art glass. I like the way it freckles the pots in some sections. #strangegrain #cone6 #paragonkiln #glazefire #experimentalglaze #rookiepotter #ceramics #pottery #handthrownpottery #handthrown

via Instagram http://bit.ly/2F5ZMUb